- 1 Traveling Colombia.
- 2 Private Transfers from Santa Marta, Barranquilla and Surrounds
- 2.1 Barranquilla to Cartagena (or Vice Versa).
- 2.2 Santa Marta to Barranquilla (or Vice Versa).
- 2.3 This next list gives you some pretty extensive trips from, and around Santa Marta.
- 2.4 Santa Marta 4 Hour Private Tour
- 2.5 Santa Marta to Minca (or Vice Versa).
- 2.6 Santa Marta to Palomino or Vice Versa.
- 2.7 Santa Marta Airport to Taganga (or Vice Versa).
- 2.8 Santa Marta Airport to Tayrona Park ( Cañaveral ) or Vice Versa.
- 2.9 Tayrona Park to Minca or Vice Versa.
- 2.10 Minca to Palomino or Vice Versa.
- 2.11 Santa Marta to Mompox or Vice Versa.
- 2.12 Private Transfers and Day Tours from Cartagena and Surrounds.
- 2.13 Cartagena Airport to Cartagena (or vice versa) Private Transfer
- 2.14 Private Transfers to Other Towns.
- 2.15 Cartagena City Private Tour
- 2.16 Cartagena 3 hour Walking Tour.
- 2.17 Cartagena 3 hour Bicycle Tour.
- 2.18 Cartagena, Bazurto Markets, Fruit tasting and a Typical lunch
- 2.19 Cartagena National Aviary Tour
- 2.20 Cartagena to Baru and back (4 hours in Baru) Private Transport.
- 2.21 Cartagena to Jardin Botanico and back (3 hours in Botanical Gardens) Private Transport.
- 2.22 Rosario Islands Full Day Tour.
- 2.23 San Basilio de Palenque Tour
- 2.24 Totumo Mud Volcano Half Day Tour
- 2.25 Cartagena Mangrove Tour.
- 2.26 Cartagena Mud Volcano + Mangrove Tour including lunch
- 2.27 Cartagena, Mud Volcano and the Pink Sea of Galerazamba
- 2.28 The Pink Sea of Galerazamba or Salinas de Galerazamba
- 2.29 Cartagena to Tayrona and back (8 hours in Tayrona) Private Transport
Colombia offers some amazing sights and experiences for the traveler. It doesn’t matter which city you arrive in, each one offers something unique for the visitor.
Coffee tours from Medellin or Bogota, historical and Island tours around Cartagena, the Pink sea from Barranquilla, Tayrona National Park from Santa Marta, which is also the gateway to Minca, and other unique places, like Palomino along the eastern Caribbean coast.
To help you navigate your way around, I have compiled this list of Colombia city to city transfers and airport transfers, to get you from A-B. As well as some day tours, using Colombian licensed travel and tourist transport.
As I understand it, Uber is not legal in Colombia.
Want to get from the Airport to your hotel? Ask before you leave home, and there will be someone waiting for you. I have links to booking pages with the operators contact details. Normally buses run from the airport to a transit center, from there, you need to either take a cab or catch another bus. If your Spanish is not that good, this can lead to confusion. Hopefully this page helps in getting your visit to Colombia off to a good start.
These trips are designed for small groups to get out and about and have fun. So, I haven’t bothered with Buses and Planes.
Planes are often the preferred way to get between the major cities, Bogota to Santa Marta, Santa Marta – Medellin for example.
Prices have increased due to covid, and there are new regulations for passengers. Check with the airlines before booking.
I also have a weekly update on Covid in Colombia on this site which you can see here.
Buses are the least expensive option. However the time they take between major cities will sometimes involve an overnight stay.
Buses also run shuttle services between some cities, Barranquilla – Cartagena, Barranquilla – Santa Marta, Santa Marta- Cartagena for example.
These leave from transit centers, so again, you need to catch a cab or bus to the transit center, and then again, to get to your accommodation once you arrive at your destination.
What is Included on this page.
Maybe you just want a ride to catch your flight on time, without squeezing into an unreliable yellow tin can and nursing your suitcases. There is help with that too.
The idea of this page is to take some of the confusion of getting around in Colombia (hopefully)
What I haven’t included is prices as they vary for the number of people.
These can be seen by clicking the link at the end of each service in the list. From there you can make a selection for the number of people who will be traveling.
Tour operator License details are at the bottom of the page.
Don’t forget to use your Discount Code.
NOTE:- These are for Single, Small Groups or Family day trips tours or just getting from A to B.
The Discount Code.
The discount code you use to get 10% off anything purchased through this site. The code has to written exactly as you see it, The code for you is:- “ExploreColombia10”
Some points to Consider About Transport within Colombia.
- If you don’t know the secret of the Colombian daily tours transport system, it is this: If a bus has an empty seat, it will drive around until they find someone to fill it before heading to its destination. Get to where you want to go quickly, without stopping for pick-ups and drop offs
- Major bus lines in Colombia generally just move between transit center and transit center. From there, you need to access other transport.
- Private operators offer efficient door to door service in well maintained vehicles. Other options include leisurely day transfers, and extended day tours.
- Multi- Lingual help with your bookings. Contact phone number on each booking page.
- You are using a Licensed Colombian Travel and Tour Operator
Private Transfers from Santa Marta, Barranquilla and Surrounds
Ideally having some understanding of Spanish is a benefit in this part of Colombia. Although it is not completely necessary, as the driver will have complete details of your destination, so there should not be any misunderstandings.
Barranquilla to Cartagena (or Vice Versa).
Barranquilla to Cartagena is well serviced by bus companies, Buses generally go to the transit center then you need to find either another bus or use a taxi service to get to your accommodation. However if you like the idea of private comfortable transport, with door to door service and photo opportunities along the way you can book one HERE.
Santa Marta to Barranquilla (or Vice Versa).
Door to door service from either Santa Marta or Minca to Barranquilla or vice versa. Go Here
This next list gives you some pretty extensive trips from, and around Santa Marta.
To arrange a pick up from Santa Marta Airport to your accommodation in Santa Marta. Go HERE
Santa Marta 4 Hour Private Tour
Spend 4, 6 or 8 hours taking in the sights and history of Santa Marta. To book the 4 hour tour Go HERE
Santa Marta to Minca (or Vice Versa).
A quick trip to get you safely from Santa Marta to Minca, or Minca to Santa Marta. Book HERE.
Santa Marta to Palomino or Vice Versa.
Going to Palomino? This is the best way to get there, or return to Santa Marta from Palomino. About 2 hours travel each way, with photo opportunities along the way.
Go to the booking page HERE
Santa Marta Airport to Taganga (or Vice Versa).
If you are arriving in Santa Marta to spend a few days at Taganga this service will meet you at the Simon Bolivar International Airport (Santa Marta), and the driver will drop you at the door of your accommodation in Taganga.
For bookings Go HERE
You will be met at the Simon Bolivar International Airport (Santa Marta), and then taken to your accommodation at Tayrona. To book Go HERE
Tayrona Park to Minca or Vice Versa.
Door to door service from Minca to Tayrona or vice versa in a comfortable vehicle. To book Go HERE.
Minca to Palomino or Vice Versa.
Relax and travel to Palomino (or Minca) in a comfortable vehicle, giving you lots of photo opportunities along the way. to book Go HERE
Santa Marta to Mompox or Vice Versa.
Private Transfers and Day Tours from Cartagena and Surrounds.
Popular with tourists and Colombians, Cartagena is a busy historical sea port with a history that makes blockbuster movies look tame.
Cartagena Airport to Cartagena (or vice versa) Private Transfer
The most efficient way to get to and from the airport. You will be met at the Airport and helped with your luggage then taken to your hotel. Or you can book from your hotel where you will be picked up and driven to the airport.
Private Transfers to Other Towns.
- Cartagena to Tolu or Vice Versa: About 3 hours. Click HERE to Book
- Cartagena to Mompox or Vice Versa: About 6 hours Click HERE to Book
- Cartagena to Santa Marta or Vice Versa: About 4 hours. Click HERE to Book
- Cartagena to Tayrona Park or Vice Versa: About 6 hours. Click HERE to Book
- Cartagena to Palomino or Vice Versa: About 7 hours. Click HERE to Book.
- Cartagena to Barranquilla or Vice Versa: Click HERE to Book.
Cartagena City Private Tour
Enjoy an in-depth 4 hour private tour of the Jewel of Colombia, the magical UNESCO heritage-listed city of Cartagena de Indias Colombia. For more information and bookings Go HERE
Cartagena 3 hour Walking Tour.
Beginning your tour at the Clock Tower monument, the original entrance of the fortified city. Your starting point for this complete Cartagena walking tour, and also your access to the historic center of Cartagena de Indias.
Cartagena 3 hour Bicycle Tour.
Enjoy a private 3 hour guided bike tour to check out this unique walled city.
Stone streets, famous monuments, ancient churches, grand hotels, and you will meet some of the warm and friendly people of this remarkable Caribbean port.
Cartagena, Bazurto Markets, Fruit tasting and a Typical lunch
The city of Cartagena is full of amazing architecture, bright colors, wonderful characters, and of course it’s full of amazing tropical fruits.
Cartagena National Aviary Tour
Located on 7 hectares of wilderness and home to approximately a mix of 2000 endemic and migratory birds, the National Aviary of Colombia is the largest in the Americas. 2 options.
Cartagena to Baru and back (4 hours in Baru) Private Transport.
Allow about 6 hours for this trip. Baru is not an Island, but is at the end of a Peninsula about an Hour from Cartagena. Best time for going is during the week to avoid the influx of tourists and tourist providers.
Baru is characterized by its white and pink sands, as well as by the crystal clear waters that allow you to see the beauty of the aquatic fauna and flora in all its splendor.
Cartagena to Jardin Botanico and back (3 hours in Botanical Gardens) Private Transport.
An ideal place to meet and experience the fauna and flora of the Colombian Caribbean. 5 ha of planted area and another 4 ha of natural forest.
Some paths are quite steep, so a pair of comfortable shoes is advisable.
There are some incredibly large specimens of giant cashew and white fig, which rise above the forest canopy with their massive crowns and huge trunks supported by large buttress roots.
One giant cashew is a focal point in the garden and may be over 500 years old. Allow at least 4 hours for this. Bird and animal lovers, don’t forget the camera !.
Rosario Islands Full Day Tour.
Enjoy a speedboat ride out to the Rosario Islands; Arriving at a beautiful picturesque beach for a typical Caribbean lunch, crystal clear waters, water-sports, white sands, and palm trees.
San Basilio de Palenque Tour
Experience part of the true history and culture of Colombia. This is a tour with a difference exploring the location of the First Free African Slaves in the Americas created by an African king!
Option 1 Approx 7 hours. Option 2: Approx 6 hours with Private transport.
Totumo Mud Volcano Half Day Tour
The Cartagena rite of Passage. This is a shared tour. About 4 hours, More details on the booking page. Options for the Private Tour below.
Cartagena Mangrove Tour.
Take a tour in a locally made canoe, paddling through the mangroves and taking photos of flora, fauna and sea life. Your canoe will be maneuvered skillfully by an expert local fisherman, who will also guide you with a stroll through their local community. Allow about 7 hours.
Cartagena Mud Volcano + Mangrove Tour including lunch
This 8 hour tour combines 2 of the must experience events in the ancient city of Cartagena. Two options
Cartagena, Mud Volcano and the Pink Sea of Galerazamba
As well as a mud bath this tour includes a visit to a Pink sea. The pink sea is a natural phenomenon that occurs for around ½ of the year. And depending on the season and recent climate can have a varying pink hue. There are 2 seasons when you can enjoy the pink salts. The main season being December to April, and the 2nd is August and September.
The Pink Sea of Galerazamba or Salinas de Galerazamba
Galerazamba is a small village located within the municipality of Santa Catalina. It’s just a short 1 hr drive up the coast from Cartagena, or about an hour 10 minutes Barranquilla, and it is a place worth visiting for a unique experience that occurs for only 7 months of the year.
From December to April is the time with the highest intensity of pink in the sea, the phenomenon is repeated from August to September. If you go in other months you will also appreciate its color, but it is not with great intensity.
Allow about 5 hours. Most of the time will be photo shots as you cannot do any water sports or swim here.
Cartagena to Tayrona and back (8 hours in Tayrona) Private Transport
This is a pretty big day of touring, so don’t your forget swimming trunks, towels, and of course your camera.
Tour operator of travel and tourism RNT: 94810 ( Operador turístico de Viajes y de Turismo ).